The ferry boats are pretty big and can sail come rain or shine unless the weather is really extreme. If it's stormy or there's high winds, be prepared for the voyage to last a bit longer. On rough days, we recommend that you bring some motion sickness medication with you and maybe even take it 20 minutes before boarding the boat if you think you might get sick. The boat staff may also provide you with dramamine upon request. You will need to remain indoors. However on sunny days, boats will have the sun deck open to passengers.
Articles in this section
- How safe are the ferries?
- Can we purchase our tickets at the pier?
- What are the baggage allowances?
- What's the boarding process on the day of my trip?
- If I miss my ferry, can I take the next one?
- Is food provided on the ferries?
- Will bad weather affect my travels?
- When I arrive at the pier, how will I find my taxi service?
- What are the tourist seasons around Phuket?
- If I need to travel later than the ferry schedules offer?